THESUN – May 3, 2018: UP to 30 people have been injured after an explosion during a Jewish celebration – with witnesses claiming it was sparked by mobile phones being thrown to the flames.
Hundreds had gathered in Stamford Hill, London for Lag BaOmer – an annual event that incorporates bonfires – when it went horribly wrong.
Dramatic footage shows a fire about to be lit, as revellers sing in the background just metres away last night.
Suddenly there is a massive explosion as flames erupt over the entire crowd, with people running for their lives.
London Ambulance Service and the Jewish volunteer ambulance service Hatzola attended at around 11pm.
Both said, according to the reports, that they treated “multiple patients” for burns.